Sunday 6 November 2011

197 Channels and nothing to watch

We were fortunate to be provided with a TV loaded with 197 channels and we don’t pay any extra rent for it. However, 6 or 7 of them are the only ones in English. They consist or news, religion, and religion rock. The rest of them are majority German of course some French, Turkish, Russian and maybe even some Polish stations. I’ve watched a few episodes of How I Met Your Mother in German which are okay because if watched each of the episodes enough times in English to know exactly what’s happening. But I wouldn’t say I am unwinding while I do it. There’s a zoo channel dedicated to the Berlin zoo and while it is in German, I am fascinated by the entire little baby animals rolling around. I catch parts of the News when Matt watches it and had the great opportunity to watch Turkish Running on TV. Two people had to run 80 laps around a small round ring and the first of the two to finish, won.

Not that I am spending my working holiday watching TV all the time, but it’s nice when Matt’s not home for lunch or to watch a few episodes on a Sunday when nothings open or a few to wind down before bed. I have almost all of the seasons of 30 Rock and How I Met Your Mother on my hard drive and a few other series, and Matt and I have managed to re-watch every single one of them. We even went and bought a new series on DVD at the store (Cougar Town…really funny) to keep us occupied until our internet arrives in another 8 days. Oh and because these are all American T.V shows or movies, even though you buy them in Germany, you can choose English as the playing language when it starts.

We have a lot of catching up to do on our favourite shows once the internet arrives considering they started end of September and its moving into the second week of November.

So if you don’t mind watching TV or movies on your laptop…consider you may not have internet for a while and load up an external with your favourite or a new season. Or plan to buy them once you arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment